Friday, October 14, 2011

Help My Eco Business get a Grant to Expand

I decided to post about my trying to win a $25,000 grant from Intuit's Love a Local Business Program. The grant is given every month, but the voting goes in three month cycles, so businesses can expand on their votes. The ending date for this cycle is December 31, 2011. There's no sign up to vote, and you only need to vote once. If you vote, you should put your name or business name in the space provided before your comment (otherwise it looks like I'm voting for myself multiple times and the votes are kicked out).

So what would I use this grant for? I could pay more people to make plarn for me which, in turn, would free up crazy amounts of time to crochet and design and enable me to make more product available. Having multiple people making plarn would also benefit them, as they will be making extra money AND make a small dent in the number of plastic bags floating around in landfills. I would also be able to pay a seamstress in order to offer more bags that are lined.

So, with all that said, I'd so appreciate your vote for my business. Here's the direct link:
http://lovealocalbusiness.intuit.com/pages/fan?b_id=293352

Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Blogging tips