Monday, September 26, 2011

Emmy Gift Lounge Excitement Wrap-Up -- Part 1

The excitement of being in the GBK Emmy Gift Lounge was unbelievable. Of course, when I wanted to do this post, I wound up catching some creeping crud from Andrew (my 12 year old). I'm still trying to recover, but wanted to congratulate my fellow artisans for a job well done! Our table was quite impressive, and we received great feedback.

I was particularly enthused, not only about hearing that Penny Marshall took home a clutch and Catherine O'Hara took home the display purse, but also that Nia Peeples took home a clutch as well. I am also loving the photographer assigned to The Artisan Group for capturing some great posed photos and some great candid shots as well.

Catherine O'Hara loved the eco purse so much, she took it home!

Nia Peeples - currently of Pretty Little Liars

Kathryn Joosten - of Desperate Housewives & The West Wing

Nia Peeples decked out in TDD's purse, AJ Sweet Soap's Banana Split Sundae (and you can see Atutudes tutu in the background).

The Artisan Group Founder Valerie Guerrero explains to Nia Peeples that the clutches are made of vhs tape & yarn.

Nia Peeples showing a friend the clutch.

Beverley Mitchell - of 7th Heaven - finds out that the purse is made of plarn.
Here are some quotes I received on my product:

"That's amazing! Out of grocery bags? Whole Foods, I see." -- Jennifer Carpenter (of Dexter)
"Oh, my God! That's incredible!" -- Cloris Leachman
"This is awesome! This is fantastic! Look at this! Can you believe it's made out of bags?!" -- Nia Peeples
"Oh, I love that!" -- Jason Isaacs (of the Harry Potter films & the upcoming film Abduction)

So that wraps up an amazing ride that was the GBK Emmy Gift Lounge. My next post will focus on my fellow artisans who were there, too. :)

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful write up! It is great that you included the Celebrity quotes! How cool is that! I love your purses and REALLY love that they are eco-friendly!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Tina! Awesome, awesome photos and feedback. I'm so happy for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Tina! Great photos and quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible pictures and such a boost for your biz! Congrats, Tina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Looks like such a successful event! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Tina! It really isn't a wonder that they loved your items! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Tina on all the fabulous comments from the celebs. But it's not hard to understand why they all loved your bags--they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Visiting from the Blog to Blog Giveaway. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pics and an exciting time. Congrats, good on ya, and I'm proud of and happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips